I was talking to a friend yesterday about the power of affirmations. She shared one of hers with me: “Make decisions based on where you are going instead of where you are.”
It reminded me of my NLP Coach training. One of the many things my trainers, Tad & Adriana James, discussed was how so many people focus on what they don’t want rather that what they really want. They also introduced this powerful equation: C > E and this key question – “What side of the equation are you on…CAUSE or EFFECT?
- Do you take 100% responsibility for your actions, your life, where you are now?
- Or, do you blame your current condition, state of being, attitude, life on someone or something outside of yourself?
- Is it your environment, the market, your boss, the economy, the kids, the war that’s responsible for where you are now - mentally, physically, emotionally or spiritually?
- Are you the Victim or the Victor?
And, if you are not happy about where you are right now – what action are you taking to move toward your desired outcome? Volumes and volumes have been written on this subject – from the classic “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill to the recent viral marketing phenomenon – “The Secret.” I loved the message of The Secret and how it really appealed to the masses with this one caveat….you must take action.
It’s not enough to just think about what you desire. Positive thoughts with real feelings behind them (or in the words of Napoleon Hill “a burning desire”) is the first step. The next powerful step to manifesting your reality – your outcomes or goals – is to take the right and appropriate action toward not away from it. If your thoughts are dwelling on the fact that you don't have it yet, things never work out for you, or other negative self-talk - you are moving away from what you want. Simply recognize the negative thoughts and change them! Practice makes perfect.
Call it what you will…
- Thoughts Become Things – recommend the daily Notes from the Universe from Mike Dooley
- Perception is Projection
- To Think is To Create
- The Law of Attraction
- Energy Flows where Attention Goes
- The Power of Positive Thinking
…the bottom line for me is that affirmations and visualization just plain work! My visual goal board and affirmations help me stay focused and moving toward my outcomes and where I am going!
A few of my personal affirmations:
- I Live What I Teach
- I Live My Life To My Full Potential
- I Am Healthy, Fit, Intuitive and Happy
- I Believe, I Ask, I Receive