I subscribe to and read over 30 blogs. My feed reader changes as I add new and intriguing blogs and delete those that I find have lost their edge, don't udpate often or simply don't interest me any longer. In reviewing why I subscribe to a blog (and why I delete it from my reader) I formulated this list of common features of the blogs I feel are good or great:
- Author's true voice, honesty, passion and personality shines through the posts
- The blog is upated frequently with well-written, quality, compelling and interesting content
- Author is transparent about who is writing the blog and what it's about
- The blog author invites a conversation - a blog was not intended to be a monologue
- Posts are easy to read and convey clarity, brevity - and for me - either inform, educate, or entertain
- The blog has a clear purpose and topic (s) and the author delivers content that keeps me coming back for more!
Next up: How to Post a Comment on a Blog