One of the panel discussions at the recent Bloodhound Blog Unchained covered the topic of online reputation management with:
Here are some of the best ideas and tips I gleaned from the discussion:
• Leverage your blog presence by commenting on blogs - reaching the audience you seek
• Use Google Alerts to receive updates on topics of interest. Set up a Google alert on your name, company, etc.
• Zillow & Trulia agree that when someone trashes their company – it is a great opportunity to engage and get publicity; promote their company by setting the record straight, engaging in the dialog
• They like to engage negative, controversial comments the most as it tends to create better dialog and learning
• Write for the evergreen content value – think longevity – depth and breadth of reach on Internet
• Set -up Subscribe to comments feed on your blog
• Correct faulty info on other blogs via comments
• Don’t overreact to negative comments – breathe – wait – then address with gratitude
• Get on Craigslist Housing Forum for your area
• Comment on the Featured content at Active Rain
• Trulia Voices – find your zip code and join the conversation
• Find local areas of blogs like Yelp.com and add value
• Join Facebook and LinkedIn
Are you ready for coaching? Take your business to the next level today. Schedule a complimentary 30-minute coaching session today to find out more.
Let us be your virtual coach as well. Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule. Our on-demand online courses integrate multi-media with an intuitive learning management system. Learn more about becoming a member of our community at WBNL Coaching.