I have to admit, my internal struggle with Twitter and blogging in general has been to surrender to the process, let go of my own fears and truly be transparent, less technical, more remarkable and interesting. I am in awe of the people who brilliantly tweet, blog or post a Facebook status in a succinct, intriguing, thoughtful, entertaining, funny and compelling way.
Laura's talk had several nuggets to share - here is a summary:
- Fear is a terrible motivator - don't make decisions from Fear
- What is your superpower?
- How to be remarkable - cash in on your passion?
- Twitter is overcoming human isolation
- You have to embrace randomness to really get Twitter
- The real influencer is the message - not you!
- Be useful - turn it inside out. Don't just retweet or post a link - Ask a question, produce value, make a connection, set it up, add something
- How to become Awesome on Twitter
- Influence was attracting attention to yourself - Influence IS providing attention and value to others
- Be uniquely you -
- Resources/books to check out:
- Twitter for Dummies - Laura Fitton. et al
- Think Big Manifesto
- Awesomeness Manifesto - Umair Haque
- Crush it - Cash in on your passion
Ready to get real...
Join the Wanderers Club for $67/mth membership fee to access all of the member benefits including monthly training webinars, group coaching sessions, online training courses, private Facebook and LinkedIn Groups.
FREE Basic membership is free and includes: