I had the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic panel on Social Media Profiles at the RISMedia Leadership Conference/Social Media Summit in Rye, New York (June 9-10).
The panel was facilitated by Krisstina Wise, Broker-Owner of The Good Life Team in Austin, TX. Krisstina has (in just over a year) dominated in her market place with her web presence through blogging and integration of other key social networks like Facebook and Twitter. More than 50% of her business is generated through social media.
The panel included:
- Pat Wattam, Broker/Associate, Re/Max First in Baton Rouge, LA
- Anthony Crecco, Broker/Owner Crecco Real Estate
- Craig Donato, CEO. Oodle
- Rebecca Chandler, Director of Marketing, The Real Estate Book
I discussed the importance of knowing your goals (purpose, outcomes) before embarking on your social media marketing journey. Here are the key questions to consider:
What do we want to accomplish with our social media strategy? Be specific.
- Do we want to communicate and build more relationships online?
- Build brand awareness?
- Visitors complete a form, sign up for something, calls or emails for more information, become a prospect for our business or service?
Who is our target audience? Our perfect customer?
- What social media and networking sites are they using?
- How do we know or how can we find out?
Who is going to maintain our social media presence?
- Write and upload the blog posts?
- Status updates?
- Do we have the resources to sustain our strategy?
How do we measure success?
- Are we measuring views, traffic, comments, subscribers, leads, sales?
I also reviewed some strategies for managing your online brand (name reputation).
1parkplace has a free report The 5 P's of Social Marketing which includes a checklist for building your social network profiles and a list of sites to monitor your brand online.
Request your Free copy of this report as well as several others at:
Join the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club - The online, virtual coaching and training platform for Real Estate and Business Professionals.
Your basic, FREE membership includes: