A social media marketing plan is a key component of any business these days. It is possible to generate and convert leads into closed transactions when you implement a strategic and consistent social media plan. Think of social networking sites as just that ... an opportunity to build relationships, build community, enhance your brand, leverage yourself as a local expert and real estate professional.
Here are the Most Popular Social Networking Sites (April 2014) as derived from eBizMBA Rank which is a constantly updated average of each website's Alexa Global Traffic Rank, and U.S. Traffic Rank from both Compete and Quantcast
The best coaching advice I can give you regarding what to do in the area of social media for your business is to first answer the questions outlined below.
Before jumping on and trying to manage every popular social media site, it is critical to first identify your goals and outcomes for your overall social media strategy. Take some time to seriously consider and answer the following questions before formulating your online and social media plan.
What do you want to accomplish with your social media strategy? Be specific.
- Do you want to communicate and build more relationships online?
- Build brand awareness?
- Visitors complete a form, sign up for something, calls or emails for more information, become a prospect for your business or service?
Who Is Your Target Audience?
- What social media and networking sites are they using?
- How do you know or how can you find out?
Who is going to maintain your social media presence?
- Write and upload the posts?
- Status updates? Interactions on networks?
- Do you have the resources to sustain our strategy?
- What should you do and what can be outsourced?
How do you measure success? What do you want to track…
- Subscribers, followers
Considerations for Online Personal Branding
- Should you separate business & personal lives?
- Does your offline personality match your online brand?
- Does your online content match your brand?
- Does your brand relate to your audience?
Visit www.WBNLCoaching.com to learn more about our coaching program and online training membership options. Your FREE, basic membership includes a complete real estate business-planning course and downloads.