Connect more often with your database and actively ask for referrals!
Building your database is an ongoing and daily process. It’s a mindset.
Set a goal for the number of people you want to add to your database on a weekly or monthly basis. Every day, you will have opportunities to network and talk to others. Turn every day situations into an opportunity to discuss the real estate business and invite someone to be added to your mailing or email list.
We recommend 30-40 connections annually. A connection could be a call, email, mailer, text or face-to-face meeting.
30-40 Annual Connect Plan Example:
- 12 monthly newsletters
- 4 phone calls (call A+, A, and B contacts at least quarterly)
- 4 personal notes (after these phone calls for sure. And any other opportunity like when you receive a referral.)
- 4 success mailers (quarterly just listed/just sold mailer)
- 8 Holiday postcards, emails or flyers
- 6-8 postcards, emails or flyers (Time change, home maintenance, market reports like Market Snapshot from Top Producer)
Here are some strategies and ideas to begin implementing in your daily Action Plan today!
Remember your ABC’s – Always Be Connecting!
- Making connections with people then building and maintaining relationships is the most basic, critical element of success in business.
- Do you have your “elevator speech” down? Can you easily communicate your value proposition to a prospective client in about 30-45 secs?
- Have fun with the daily process of connecting with others. Set the expectation each day that you are going to connect and communicate with at lest 5 new people. Challenge yourself to see how many people you will be able to add to your database each day.
Commit to adding at least 5 people a week to your database
- Actively handout 5 business cards 5 days a week and ask for referrals! (Everywhere – standing in line, restaurants, interacting with businesses daily)
- Hold 2-3 Open Houses a week – you will meet prospective buyers and people to add to your database.
- Active prospecting – FSBOs, Expireds, door knocking, calling, just listed and just solds
- Networking and business events
- Get involved in community events or groups
Build a habit of sending personal notes
- Commit to a certain number of personal, hand-written notes daily.
- Write the note in the moment – when the reason for sending the note occurs.
- Have a supply of blank note cards and envelopes with you – in your car – at home – in the office.
- Ideas for personal notes:
Open house visitors
After client contact (call or visit)
Co-op agent on a transaction
Business vendors and partners
When you receive a referral
At close of escrow on a transaction
Acknowledge your Referrals
- Immediately upon receiving a referral from a past client or anyone, send a personal note and a thank you for the referral item.
- The key is to have a supply of your thank you items on-hand (Gift card/movie tickets, etc.) and send a personal note immediately after receiving the referral.
- Don’t wait to send the thank you note after the close of escrow! Make an impression immediately by acknowledging the referral as soon as you receive it, regardless if it turns into business or not.
- Send a Starbucks card, car wash card, gas card or movie tickets along with your note
Developed with all Agents in mind, the Wanderers’ Club refocuses activities toward revenue creating action.
- New for 2017! Daily Social Media Posts (WBNL 365)
- Online, On-Demand WBNL Courses
- Two Training Workshops (monthly and on-demand)
- Monthly marketing material to send to your database
- WBNL 52 - Weekly coaching and business tips
- Private Facebook & LinkedIn Group
- Special discounted pricing on WBNL events and products
Wanderers’ Club – Start with your Free 30-Day Test Drive where you will have full access to the site and will be able to participate in our live monthly coaching, view our on-demand Workshop Library, receive our weekly coaching tips and monthly marketing, along with jumping in to our course curriculum ~ featuring our Connecting Your Real Estate Business Series. You can opt to pay monthly or sign up for a year and save. If you are not satisfied after your 30-day trial, simply cancel your membership ~ $44 | month or $396 | year
Basic Membership – Receive immediate access to our 3 Steps to a Powerful Real Estate Business Plan Course, Weekly Coaching Tips and access to select members only articles and downloads ~ FREE