Brian Brady shared his obsession with marketing and how "ubiquity" works with the Unchained Conference attendees on Day 2. Brian is everywhere on the Web 2.0 /RE.net webscape and he showed us how he does it.
Some key points from Brian's discussion:
- New customers are the life blood of your business, including referrals from your past clients and sphere of influence.
- The Internet automates your Unique Selling Proposition - how you stand out from your competitors.
- Web 1.0 - static, your business card and brochure online.
- Web 2.0 - an exchange, participatory, interactive. The empowered customer has all info available to make decision to use you.
- MySpace changed everything - it was free, all about the user, provided multiple ways to connect, open access and grew exponentially.
- Social media marketing is using online platforms to promote a brand or service and to connect with influential customers Mavens).
- Why should you engage in Web 2.o?
- Ask your clients where they go on the Web. What a great way to reconnect with your database today and, more than likely, get some business!
- Get readers, visitors to subscribe to you via RSS feeds, email subscriptions, and e-zine subscriptions.
- Build a community - consider joining and building your profiles on:
- My personal recommendations are LinkedIn, Active Rain and Facebook. YouTube if you are using video in your business.
Brian's talk inspired me to take action and join or organize a bloggers group in Las Vegas. Since there is currently not a meetup for bloggers, I formed one today - the Las Vegas Beginning Bloggers Meetup which will meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7:00 pm, at a place yet to be determined. Look for more to follow on this group in the very near future - calling all Las Vegas bloggers or would-be bloggers....