Here are 5 Agreements that if you truly comprehend, accept and live by can dramatically change your life! The agreements are taken from 2 outstanding and highly recommended books:
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
1. BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2. DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement you can completely change your life.
4. ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
5. LIVE IN THE NOW. You have ONE moment, this moment. The past is behind you, the future has not yet arrived. Presence is power. Be here. Still. The next moment is already on its way. The past doesn’t change. Put your attention on today, free yourself.