Las Vegas Down Payment Assistance (DPA) & Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) - Buyer Education Class. May 30th
For homebuyers interested in learning more about how the federal government’s Housing Recovery Act can help them, Prudential Americana Group and Housing For Nevada are providing a solution. The Nancy Storey Team of Prudential Americana has partnered with the statewide homeownership program to teach HUD-approved education courses. The courses, led by Housing for
president John Smith, are a prerequisite for homebuyers to apply for HUD’s down-payment assistance programs.
“In May, the federal government will release nearly $19 million in Southern Nevadato launch the Neighborhood Stabilization Program,” said Mark Stark, CEO of Prudential Americana Group. “The grants will be given to municipalities which will use them to help control neighborhood abandonment and blight. Among the uses for this money is down-payment assistance for first-time and entry-level homebuyers.”
Co-sponsored by Prudential Americana Group’s Nancy Storey Team and Housing For Nevada, the HUD-approved course will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday May 30th at Prudential’s corporate office. The office is located at 2140 E. Pebble Road, Suite 160. To RSVP, email email@example.com or call 702-812-2520 with your name, phone number and email address.
- Homebuyers must complete HUD approved 8 hour First Time Homebuyer Education Program and receive one-on-one counseling
- Buyers must meet income and minimum investment requirements
- Must be foreclosed property in targeted area (Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson)
- Money available in form of a grant can be used for mortgage buy down, down payment, closing costs and rehabilitation
- Prospective home must be owner occupied
- Prospective buyers can’t currently own house or property
- Loan is forgiven if homebuyer stays in property for 15 years
- Repayment requirements apply if home buyer moves or rents the property prior to the end of the 15 years
In addition to its education courses, Housing For Nevada’s homebuyer program assists families with financial planning to purchase a home, inspections and appraisals of the properties and rehabilitation if needed.
Visit www.WBNLCoaching.com to learn more about our coaching program and online training membership options. Your FREE, basic membership includes a complete real estate business-planning course and downloads.