In this business coaching tip, we review the six fundamentals of marketing. How and where can you improve your overall traditional and online marketing plan for your real estate business?
1. Content is King
- Provide valuable and dynamic content to your target audience
- Fulfill a need. Your content should answer some unmet need or question for your customer. It needs to be useful in some way to the customer, over and above the basic real estate service
- Use Quality and Compelling Images and Design
- Quality over Quantity
- Be authentic – find your voice
- Content Ideas to Enhance Your Marketing
- Your website’s main articles
- Start a blog and post weekly tips, how-to’s, market updates
- Quick tips or notes that you can upload to social media (WBNL 365 is coming January 1)
- E-Books or PDF downloads
- White Papers
- Online videos
- Presentations and slideshows
- Flow Charts
Every business needs a budget and a method to track your expenses and return on investment. Use the WBNL Real Estate Business Plan tools to forecast and track your marketing budget. A good rule of thumb is to invest 10% of your gross revenue back into your marketing budget.
The 3-7-27 law of prospecting states it takes 3 contacts for someone to recognize your name; 7 contacts for them to associate your name with your business; and 27 contacts for them to feel comfortable doing business with you. Use a marketing calendar or schedule to stay on track.
Keep consistent in your branding and messaging.
- Does your branding match who you are and the value you provide?
- Is there a consistent brand look & feel online and offline?
To compete and win, consider being the best in the world at one thing. What is your target market, niche or specialty? Understand the demographics and psychographics within the geographic area. Don’t try to be all things to all people.
5. Strong Call to Action
Always include a call to action (CTA) in all marketing materials, both online and offline.
What do you want the prospect to do?
- Email you
- Fill out a form
- Click through to a website or landing page
- Go to a web address
- Respond to a survey or question
6. Measure, Monitor and Follow-up
- Online – use analytics, tracking codes, tools that will help you analyze what’s working and what is not working.
- Know your Return on Investment (ROI)
- Make any modifications to your overall marketing plan based on tracking and results
- Have a solid follow-up action plan for any lead or prospect
Are you ready for coaching? Take your business to the next level today. Schedule a complimentary 30-minute coaching session today to find out more.
We also provide a wide selection of other real estate and business coaching programs that are designed with the agent in mind to help you build a successful career with real life instruction on how to implement and execute.
Real Estate Team Builder: http://realestateteambuilder.com/
WBNL Coaching: http://wbnlcoaching.com/
WBNL Business Builder: http://wbnlbusinessbuilder.com/
Wandering But Not Lost: http://wanderingbutnotlost.com/