A Real Estate Operations Manual ……Why you need one!
- Written procedures for the primary pillars of your business operation will provide consistency, efficiency
- It’s a reflection of your expectations and standards for all team members
- Create checklists, job descriptions and clear tasks for every member of your team
- Your manual becomes your training document when onboarding new team members
- It is a Key asset for your eventual Exit Strategy
- You can build it as you go (don’t get overwhelmed … it is a process!)
- Leverage your admin staff to help you create the written procedures as required
What are those key pillars of any business?
- Business Plan & Goals
- Database Management & Referrals
- Lead Generation & Marketing
- Client Service Pre, During and Post Sale
- Financial Management & Operations
For Real Estate Agents, Teams and Brokers:
- Listing System
- Buyer Sales System
- Recruiting & Growth Plan
- Hiring System
- Retention, Training, Coaching
Click link above to get the RETB Tasks & Procedures Template.
Customize the tasks and then add written procedures for any tasks that take 2 or more steps in the manual template based on how you conduct business:
- Listings (Sellers)
- Sales (Buyers)
- Lead Gen – Database
- Lead Gen – Farms
- Lead Gen – Social Media, Internet
- Marketing Networking
- Team Admin
Here is how we recommend you get started working on this project;
- Work on Listing & Sales tabs first (use any checklists or procedures you already have in place)
- Revise and customize the tasks for both areas (essentially everything you do from A to Z when working with a buyer and seller)
- Use the columns to identify who is responsible for the tasks now (and who would do what for future team members and growth)
- Next write the procedures for any task that requires 2 or more steps. Use screenshots to illustrate steps if applicable. You can also use screen capture software to record video tutorials (Snag-it, Camtasia, Screeenflow)
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They'll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
Visit WBNL Podcast for all of our Episodes, Show Notes, Videos and Links to Resources
- Visit WBNLCoaching.com to learn more about our 1-1 coaching, online courses for agents, teams and brokers!
- Interested in Building a Real Estate Team? Check out our complete, turnkey REAL ESTATE TEAM BUILDER System
- Get immediate access to our FREE Introduction to Team Building Mini-Course
- FREE Real Estate Business Planning Mini-Course with goals workbook, budgets, action plan and auto-calculating spreadsheet