At WBNL Coaching, we have been talking about starting a podcast for over a year. One of our goals for 2018 was to make that dream a reality. Matt Emerson and I are now 14 episodes in and having a blast using this medium to share our insights, experiences and strategies for real estate business owners, entrepreneurs and all who love to wander and travel.
We have and will continue to interview guests who share their experiences, tips and success strategies (from brokers, real estate team leaders to experts and thought leaders in a variety of fields.)
If you haven't had a chance to listen in yet, we invite you to visit our WBNL Podcast site for all the episodes, show notes and various ways to subscribe to our weekly show.
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They'll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
It’s easier than ever to find, subscribe and listen to literally thousands of podcasts on every topic from news, arts, business, comedy, education, politics, sports, technology, music, health, spirituality, hobbies, and more. Podcasts are free (with very few exceptions). Podcasters create content and publish their episodes on popular platforms like iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher as well as a variety of other podcasting directories and apps. There are several excellent apps you can use to subscribe to podcasts you like and synch the content across your platforms (phones, iPad, desktop).
I prefer the built in Podcast app on my iPhone. It’s easy to use and familiar as it’s part of iTunes. If you use an iPhone and haven’t opened this app yet – give it a try and start exploring! If you are an Android user, then listen and subscribe on Google Play music. Other options for podcast listening include:
- Stitcher Radio https://www.stitcher.com/download (iOS, Android, Desktop)
- 10 Best Podcast Apps For Android https://www.androidauthority.com/best-podcast-apps-for-android-223536/
If we haven’t convinced you yet to listen to podcasts, here are five reasons why you should start now:
1. Get inspired!
What inspires you? Are you intrigued and interested in new ideas and expanding your horizons? What are you passionate about? Chances are you will find a podcast that will truly inspire you.
Two of my favorites are both hosted by Guy Raz, NPR
- How I Built This https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this "It's about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world's best known companies and brands."
- TED radio hour https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510298/ted-radio-hour| Each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, the meaning of work, or inexplicable connections. Guy takes TED talks on the subject of the episode and shares conversations, interviews and explanations that bring the ideas to life.
TED Talks https://blog.ted.com/audio_podcasts/
NPR Fresh Air https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444908/fresh-air
Moustalgia https://www.mousetalgia.com/ For all the Disney fans out there!
2. Stay educated and informed
Learn new things in your areas of interest or hobbies. Check out a business or marketing podcast. Learn a new language. The possibilities are almost endless.
- The Daily from New York Times https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-daily/id1200361736?mt=2
- Social Media Marketing Podcast & Social Media Marketing Talk Show: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/podcasts/
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield: https://www.amyporterfield.com/category/podcast/
- The Dan Patrick Show - for all the sports fans out there: https://www.danpatrick.com/
3. Personal and Professional Growth
Do you want to work on your own personal development? How about learning more about your career or profession or listening to experts in your field?
My current favorite is The Brian Buffini Show https://www.brianbuffini.com Brian has always inspired and motivated me! In his very popular podcast he " explores the mindset, motivation and methodologies of success".
- Productivity Straight Talk with Amber De La Garza https://amberdelagarza.com/podcast/
- Super Agents Live https://www.superagentslive.com/ Interviews with real estate agents and industry experts
- 20 Best Real Estate Podcasts https://placester.com/real-estate-marketing-academy/20-best-real-estate-podcasts-2015/
- 20 Excellent Podcasts for Any Marketer https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/20-excellent-podcasts-for-any-marketer/
- Self-Improvement Podcasts https://player.fm/featured/self-improvement
- Getting Things Done (GTD) | Time Management | Evernote https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/productivity-show-getting/id955075042?mt=2
4. To Escape!
Discover great podcasts for the pure entertainment value and as a way to focus on something different than what you deal with daily. Many news and politics TV, radio shows, comedians and celebrities have podcasts.
15 Podcasts That Will Leave You Pondering Life’s Big Questions https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/08/top-mindful-podcasts_n_6423426.html
Are you into great story-telling? Check out these popular series: This American Life – gives listeners touching, humorous and often unexpected vignettes of life in America. Serial – for true crime fans
Need more comedy or celebrities in your life, try:
The Nerdist – hosts talk about all things nerdy, including comics, video games and TV shows https://nerdist.com/podcasts/nerdist-podcast-channel/
WTF with Marc Maron – features interviews with comedians, as well as others in the entertainment and radio communities. https://www.wtfpod.com/
5. Optimize Your Time
Listen to podcasts while walking, driving, commuting, or working out. I find that I really enjoy my commute from Las Vegas to Southern California when I listen to my favorite podcasts. I get inspired, educated or entertained which makes a 4 to 5 hour drive literally fly by!
Do some research and discover what takes you to your happy place!
iTunes Podcasts by Category https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/podcasts/id26?mt=2
Stitcher Top Podcasts https://www.stitcher.com/stitcher-list/