Blogging is not for everyone!
It requires dedication and commitment … and your most valuable resource … your time. Before you even consider starting a blog, ask yourself these fundamental questions:
- Do you enjoy writing?
- Do you have something to say? To contribute?
- Can you provide compelling, valuable content for readers?
- Are you willing to be yourself, be transparent and let your voice be heard…by the world?
- Are you committed to writing and posting fresh content at least weekly?
There are many, many abandoned blogs in the blogosphere. It’s pointless to start a blog if you are not willing to commit the time and effort to keep it current.
- Do you read other blogs?
- Are you familiar with who is saying what about your industry, market, niche, or interest?
- Have you checked on the competition in your area? Who is blogging and what are they saying?
- How can you differentiate yourself from other blogs?
If the answers to the above are YES, then blogging may become your secret weapon for lead generation, online presence and becoming an authority and influencer in your market.
Should you outsource blog posts or use a ghost writer?
- Blogging is more effective when it’s a reflection of you and in your voice!
- Only posts to out source should be standard content like a featured listing, home tips, etc.
- Do you have a team? Encourage your team members to curate content and contribute to the team blog.
- Invite Guest Bloggers to diversify your content! Ask your Vendor Partners to contribute content that will inform and educate your target audience. (loan officer, escrow, title, home warranty, home inspector, insurance agent)
Go to our page on How To Blog for all the other articles in this series.
Visit our Family of Websites & Blogs:
- Real Estate Team Builder: http://realestateteambuilder.com/
- WBNL Coaching: http://wbnlcoaching.com/
- Wandering But Not Lost: http://wanderingbutnotlost.com/
- Wandering But Not Lost Podcast: http://wbnlpodcast.com/
- Real Estate Coach Blog: http://www.janobrien.com/
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They'll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
Visit WBNL Podcast for all of our Episodes, Show Notes, Videos and Links to Resources
- Interested in Building a Real Estate Team? Check out our complete, turnkey REAL ESTATE TEAM BUILDER System
- Join the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club – Only $197/year for our online, virtual coaching and training platform for Real Estate and Business Professionals.
- Your basic, FREE membership includes: WBNL Coaching Real Estate Business Plan Online Course and Downloads