Discover Your Intention & Focus Power Word(s) for the New Year
Thursday, December 24, 2020
“Clarity accounts for probably 80% of success and happiness. Lack of clarity is probably more responsible for frustration and underachievement than any other single factor. Your success in life will be largely determined by how clear you are about what it is you really, really want.” – Brian Tracy
Use the Intentions Map to set your key focus and attention in all areas.
Reflect on the past year and do a review of each area. Take the time to stop, reflect, and celebrate the successes of the past and not just focus on what you did not achieve. Ask and answer some or all of these questions to get you in the creative mind flow:
- What do you want MORE of in your life?
- What are you most grateful for in each area?
- What do you want less of in your life? Be sure to turn the word into a positive one!
- What do you want to improve on this year?
- Think about what is not going so well in your life right now. What’s a word that is the opposite or more positive alternative to this? For example, if fear keeps holding you back, then the alternative could be fearless or brave?
Now, set your intentions:
- What is your primary focus for each area?
- What new experiences do you want to have this year?
- What action are you willing to take to move toward what you want?
- What would be a game-changer for you?
- Each of the nine areas has a key focus word. What is your focus word for that area?
The Bagua map of feng shui is traditionally used as an overlay for your living or office space. You can learn more about how to apply feng shui design and cures to your physical spaces by researching it online. For this strategy, we have adapted the map to use as a guide to nine key sectors of your life. Here are some further explanations of the nine areas and implementation ideas to get you started.
Choosing a FOCUS word and Affirmation for the YEAR!!
“It provides an anchor and encourages you to consciously (and subconsciously) consider this focus word when making decisions – what you want more of and what you want less of in your life.”
Visit these articles for lists of FOCUS words:
We recommend this Free Word Cloud Generator:
A Review of the Nine Sectors
- WEALTH (Prosperity – Power) What does prosperity and abundance mean to you? If it’s related to money/income then what does having it do for you? Does it bring more freedom? Security? What can or do you accomplish because you have abundant resources or money? What is truly important to you? Now be intentional in your focus for this area. Could you save “x” dollars per month? Or maybe you are ready to improve your business growth and success this year by taking the next step like hiring a business or life coach or hiring an assistant?
- FAME (Reputation – Clarity) This area has to do with how the world sees you and your reputation. Could you start by giving your online presence a facelift or upgrade? How about a new business photo? Do you have a professional logo that reflects who you are as a business? How about enhancing your appearance with a new hairstyle or wearing some new colors that compliment you?
- RELATIONSHIP (Love – Partnership)This is the classic “love” area for romantic relationships however it is also for all kinds of relationships including business partnerships and clients. What one action in this area will move you toward your ultimate goal? If it’s finding a romantic partner, perhaps you can attend more social events or even try online dating. How can you improve your business relationships or with your client database? It may be as simple as committing to more frequent face-to-face conversations. Remember, just one action or a shift in attitude in each area is all that is needed to get moving forward.
- FAMILY (Community – Growth): Is there a relationship with one family member to improve? What one thing could you do that will enhance the relationship with your family? How can you get involved in your local community?
- HEALTH (Balance – Well-Being): This is a big focus for most of us. How about just committing to small actions in this area… walk a mile, drink “x” ounces of water, or do a few minutes of yoga or stretching. How about 10 minutes of quiet meditation in the morning? You know what will work for you, but for the intention of this exercise, choose one action that you can accomplish each day without it being a burden.
- CREATIVITY (Children – Joy): How can you nurture your own creativity and inner child with a fun hobby or an artistic pursuit that you can focus on? If you don’t have kids, can you volunteer with kids or spend time with nieces and nephews? If you have kids, can you find new ways to bond and spend quality time with them?
- KNOWLEDGE (Skills- Self-improvement): Always be learning! What skill(s) or training do you want to focus on this year? Is it for business or career? Is there a particular book to read, online class, or live course you can attend for self-development?
- CAREER (Life Path – Purpose): It’s always a good time to refine and focus on your business and life plan. And, hopefully, you have a detailed business plan and goals already… if not we can help! For this exercise, again keep it small and actionable. Will you hand out business cards to people you meet today? Start a mailing list with a monthly newsletter?
- TRAVEL (Helpful People- Compassion): The focus for this area is travel but also attracting helpful people into your life. Maybe you are searching for a mentor or mastermind group? How much do you give to others in the spirit of selfless service? How do you support and give back to your clients in business? Can you think of a way to give more to others? Do you have specific travel intentions and plans for the new year? List them – where do you want to go, with whom, and when? Adventure awaits… just get up and get out! Let us help inspire you with your next travel adventure. Visit – WanderingButNotLost.com
Use the Journal Template to record your activity for the day. What did you accomplish? Did any obstacles, excuses or challenges come up for you? How do you feel? Record your thoughts, feelings, and actions. We have also included an area to record what you are grateful for on this day.
Click HERE to Download the My Path Workbook & Instructions which include the Intentions and Focus Map
Related Links from today's episode:
- Basic Principles of Feng Shui https://www.thespruce.com/what-is-feng-shui-1275060
- How to Use the Feng Shui Bagua Map
- Word Cloud Info https://monkeylearn.com/blog/word-cloud-generator/
Join Our Private Facebook Group and get our weekly tips:
Monday: Real Estate & Life Coaching Tips
Tuesday: Tech Tips
Wednesday: Canva Corner
Friday: The Wandering But Not Lost Podcast Join our Wanderers' Club
Discover the World of Wandering But Not Lost:
WBNL Podcast | http://wbnlpodcast.com/
WBNL Coaching | http://wbnlcoaching.com/
Real Estate Team Builder | http://realestateteambuilder.com/
WBNL Travel http://wanderingbutnotlost.com/